FALL LAWN RENOVATION
Fall Lawn Renovation
Step 1 - Mow the lawn
to a height of 1½ to 2 inches.
- Bagging your grass will help to remove excessive clippings.
Step 2 - Rake to remove heavy debris. Roughing the surface of the soil and giving special attention
to bare spots.
- For larger areas, verticutting will greatly improve your seed to soil contact,
but not required for good fall seed germination. Soil should be moist, not wet, when verticutting.
Step 3 - Apply Loveland Golf Course
Starter™ (for smaller lawns up to 5,000 sq. ft.) at 6 to 10 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. or Loveland
Renovator™ (for larger lawns up to 15,000 sq ft.) at 3 to 5lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.
- Healthy turf needs to be fed regularyly. In a low nutrition environment weeds prosper, in high nutrtition,
grass will prosper. Turf grasses will recover from summer stress quickly using Golf Course Starter™ or Renovator to
encourage root regeneration and bring rapid green-up.
- Small amount of fast release nitgrogen
immediately available to the plant while the rest is slow release to provide and extended feeding.
Step 4 - Spread your premium Grass Pad
seed with a rotary or a hand cranked spreader. Extra grass seed shoube be applied over bare spots.
Best Heat Tolerant Grasses
Best Wear Tolerant Grasses
Step 5 - Cover bare spots, apply a top dressing
of sphagnum peat moss or PrimeraFC grass seed dressing, 1/4" deep. Topsoil or straw contains weed seeds and should
not be used.
Step 6 - Water the seed bed lightly so the soils surface is
moist. Continue watering lightly so the soil does not become hard or baked.
7 - When the seedling reach a height of 3½ inches, mow to a height of 3 inches using a sharp mower blade
at a time when the grass is not wet.
Step 8 - Four weeks
after, apply a second application of Loveland Golf Course Starter™ (for small lawns) at 6 to 10 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.
or Loveland Renovator™ (for large lawns) at 3 to 5 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.
- Booster fertilizer for new grass plants. Vital
step in recovering from summer drought, heat and disease. New and established grass plants sotre fuel reserves to help
fight witner injury, disease and stimulate root growth.
- High nitrogen with potassium formulation
in early fall to encourage root builden, cold hardiness, disease resistance and wear tolerance.
Step 9 - Promote deep roots
with an application of Loveland Snowman® to the entire lawn in late fall. (Oct/Nov)
nitrogen with elevated phosphorous and potassium formulation specifically for late fall application on Omaha Lawns.
- Improve winter color and boost spring green-up without stimulating excessive shoot gowth, allowing grass plants to
maintain energy reserves.
- Timing is important, ideal application is near Thansgiving Day.